DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE
GDPR - 25th May 2018
Your privacy is very important to me, Flora de Quincey. I meet the high standards for data privacy in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into effect on 25th May 2018.
I process your personal data to manage your treatment in therapy and to contact you in accordance with local GDPR as applicable and as described in more detail below:
Categories of Personal Data
The categories of data collected and processed include but are not limited to the following:
• Name and contact information including home address, GP details, email and telephone numbers.
• Date of birth or age.
• Information recorded at assessment to assess suitability for therapy & information recorded after each session in the form of brief session notes which document the theme of the session.
How Data is Collected
Data will be collected in the following ways and all are subject to the same level of privacy:
• Data entered into the contact form on www.floradequincey.com or via BACP, Counselling Directory or Psychology Today website contact forms.
• Data collected via a telephone conversation.
• Data collected via email.
• Data collected during a face to face meeting.
Purpose of Processing
Your personal data is processed for the purpose of therapy including:
• Identifying you as a client
• Maintaining an accurate treatment plan
• Communicating information to you about your therapy
• Communicating information about you to relevant parties (eg GP) if necessary.
• Transfer of monies in respect of fees paid electronically.
I maintain reasonable precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. I store all paper records in a locked filing cabinet, to which only I have the key.
I retain your personal data for a period not exceeding six years following the end of the therapeutic relationship.
Right to be Forgotten
If you require your personal data to be deleted please contact me and all data will be deleted, except that which is required for legal reasons.
I am bound by the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) to undertake regular monthly supervision. I will therefore on these occasions, discuss your treatment with my supervisor who is bound by the same ethics, confidentiality and data protection regulation. Within this process your identity will remain confidential.
I will not transfer or disclose your personal data to others except in exceptional circumstances (such as risk to your life or the lives of others or when required by law) in which case your consent would be sought if at all possible.
Promotional and Publicity Material:
No personal data will be disclosed to others.
Anonymised testimonials may be used on the floradequincey website, which is owned by Flora de Quincey, with the author’s permission.
In the event of a complaint, in the first instance you are encouraged to speak to me directly. If that does not prove satisfactory you can contact The Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via their website, ico.org.uk.
Agreement to Process Personal Data
By continuing to use www.floradequincey.com website you are agreeing to the policies set out in this document.